Tribco’s design-assist capabilities help customers build efficient, constructable structures. When Tribco is brought in early during the project’s planning, we can devise the most constructable design for saving money and time. During construction, Tribco’s design-assist services can help resolve complicated challenges on the project site.
Today’s buzzword is constructability. We often hear it during design as well as construction. When we hear about constructability during construction, it’s too late. The problem cannot be resolved, although it can be reduced. Tribco’s engineering and field teams devise plans to apply a construction approach to minimize the impact of poorly constructable documents. These approaches often have creative and occasionally innovative results.
What is constructability?
For cast-in-place projects, constructability is a series of broad concepts. Constructability allows a project to be built faster, requiring fewer RFIs and field changes, while maximizing labor and crew productivities. Constructability embraces an owner’s goals and architectural objectives.
Highly constructable projects allow Tribco to plan in detail, efficiently use construction systems, achieve fast and predictable outcomes, help finish trades start earlier and minimize trade tolerance conflicts requiring rework. All these concepts deliver cost-effective results to the owner due to the realized speed and efficiency.
Design assist is Tribco’s answer
Tribco is a concrete construction specialist, not a structural engineer expert. However, Tribco has offered constructability expertise on projects for decades. Working with the design team from the earliest concept allows the design documents to reflect constructable solutions at a time when the concepts can be embraced.
We ask critical questions, such as:
- Has formwork repetition, panel size and mechanization for movement been maximized?
- Have the economics of materials vs. labor been vetted?
- Are site logistics, deliveries, pour sequencing and materials hoisting considered in the design documents?
- Have construction loads, column transitions, shrinkage, time, temperature and post-tensioning (PT) forces been addressed efficiently?
- Have the specifications been reviewed and trade tolerance conflicts been considered in design for constructability?
- Have reinforcing congestion, PT anchorage, and mechanical or embedded items been considered for conflict resolution and constructability early enough to adjust?
- Have drainage, cracking, or freeze-thaw concerns been addressed?
- Are the architectural and structural documents coordinated and detailed for consistent clarity?
Tribco’s design assistance can benefit you
Tribco is more than a structural concrete contractor. With Tribco’s culture of finding better project solutions and years of doing so, you can leverage our experience to benefit your project. Tribco’s early involvement increases the potential of constructability gain. The result is time and money savings with reduced risk.
Choose Tribco—a company that does what we say we will do and has the desire to earn your next opportunity.
Tribco is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ceco Concrete Construction.